Our GOTR Fall 5k
The Fall 2014 5k
Sunday November 16th at Kensington Metro Park, 11am
Join us at the culminating event on November 16th! Come early and join in on the fun activities planned before the run including happy hair and our new “Inspiration Village!”
5k Spirit Day
Wednesday November 12th
Girls will receive their shirts at school and we ask all participants and coaches to wear their shirt proudly to school!
The Fall 2014 Expo
Saturday November 15th at the North Oakland YMCA 12pm-6pm
Come pick up your 5k shirt and enjoy a day of family fun at the North Oakland YMCA. The pool and gym will be open to the public. Schedule will be available shortly.
Our Spring 5k
The Spring 2015 5k
We’ll announce the date for our Spring 2015 GOTR 5k very soon!
Other Great Races
Our program is affiliated with several charity runs in the area, so our girls can Keep Running while supporting great causes.
The 2014 Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon
Inspire girls in your community to be healthy and confident! Girls on the Run is an official charity partner of the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon! Help us to make the Girls on the Run Program a reality for all girls in Metro Detroit!
Join Team GOTR in The 2014 Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon. Run. Walk. Relay. Full or Half Marathon. It’s your choice!
2 STEPS TO REGISTER FOR OUR 2014 TEAM:
STEP #1: REGISTER
- Go to www.freepmarathon.com/register
- Register for a race…this can be the Full or Half Marathon or get a team together!
- On the PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION page, select “YMCA” in the Official Charity Partners drop down menu at the bottom of the page.
- After you are done with the race registration process, continue to Step #2.
STEP #2: REGISTER FOR THE GOTR RACE TEAM
- Go to the THE GOTR TEAM PAGE ON CROWDRISE and click “THE TEAM” to join our team.
- We ask that all team members raise a minimum of $240 (This will support 2 girls to participate in the Fall 2014 season) but sky is the limit!
Already registered for the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon? Go to our Girls on the Run CrowdRise page and click “THE TEAM” to join our team!